Friday, July 08, 2005

OH BOY!!

Wow...what an adventure that I'm on. Since the last time I posted, we traveled to Mt. Warning, Lamington National Park, and the great city of Brisbane. First of all, we have been so busy since the day we arrived. After Byron Bay we traveled to Mt. Warning national park. We stayed there one night in which we woke up at 3AM to climb Mt. Warning to catch the first sun in Australia. We climbed a 2,300 foot mountain to see nothing b/c the rain rolled in right when we got to the summit. That hike will be something I will always remember. After Warning, we went to Lamington National Park to camp for two nights. It was gorgeous up there. We hiked 12km through the rain forest and saw crazy animals and got awesome views from the overlooks looking towards the Gold Coast. When we were done there, we traveled to Brisbane. We had the pleasure of getting in town when they had the Super Bowl of rugby matched. They call it "The State of Origin." Let me tell you..talk about a huge party in town!! We have been going to lectures and studying the last 3 days at the Uni of Queensland. What an awesome campus!! Now we have the weekend off and we are going to the Australian Zoo to try to catch Steve Irwin!!! I'll be posting in the next week or so..G'Day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home