Outback
Well we have been in the Outback for four days now and it is amazing. We camped at Ayers Rock Resort and then went to the rock the next day. We walked around that damn thing and it was 5 miles!! That thing is huge. Some people climbed it but I decided to respect the aborginal culture and not climb it. The aborginese are quite strange. They all look like cave men and they don't bath. They sniff gas and spend there entire welfare checks on getting drunk. It's quite sad. Anyway, after Uluru, we traveled to Kings Canyon which was one of my favorite stops on the trip. It reminded my a lot of Colorado but ten times better. We hiked the canyon and did some other hiking also. Let me tell you...my legs are ripped! I've done more hiking and climbing on this trip then I have ever done before in my life! But today we got up at 6am and left Kings Canyon for Alice Springs. It was a 4 hour drive but we made two stops. Let me tell you about the second stop.... I rode the hell out of camel!! We stopped at a cattle ranch where they had camel rides for 5 bucks each. It was the funniest thing that we have done. It cracked me up. We have pictures of that so I'll make sure that everyone gets to see them. We are in Alice Springs now and its a cool little town. Not much going on. We head to Sydney on Wednesday and that should be a ball!! We are trying to get tickets for the Opera House but we will have to wait. Time to go have a beer and chat with the natives. G'Day!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home